Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Prayer


Lately, I feel like there has been nothing but bad news. I feel like with each breath, there is a prayer that accompanies it. Maybe this is how we are supposed to live. There hasn't been anything in my immediate family that has required this type of praying, but things that surround us. I find myself in a constant conversation with God. It is both good and bad, I suppose. I am learning to rely on God more, but also questioning the ways of the world. I cannot believe in a God who let's things happen to "teach us a lesson." Therefore, I believe in some evil in the world, something that someday God will overcome. In the meantime, I will continue to pray and give thanks to the one who gives us these great gifts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting words to the dis-ease that spills from the distressing "glut" of bad news. It is so heart wrenching to see helpless pelicans stuck in oil... "Dear God, bless the beasts and the children!"

With Care,
Aunt Deborah