Sunday, September 25, 2011

Summer Roundup

After our trip to Nebraska, the rest of the summer seemed to fly by.  I think we were busy trying to savor the last dreamy days.  We had some fun savoring the last sweet days of summer.  We made it to the county fair...not sure who had more fun, Madeline or Uncle Ross.  



Madeline rode on every ride possible for someone her size.  She is much more brave than I was at that age.  I still am terrified of anything that takes me more than 2 feet off the ground!

We had many play dates with friends and at home.  After being on the rode for our big trip, it was nice to sit back and relax close to home.  


The last big hurrah was Madeline's first camping trip---on the beach!  Todd, Ross and Madeline slept in our tent on the shores of Lake Michigan.  Poor Ross didn't get much sleep that night, stating Madeline sleeps like a ninja!  :)

Millie playing in the tent the next morning.  Needless to say, Millie and I slept in the cottage.  

I think it's pretty safe to say summer is done.  We are back to our routine here, but I still miss those warm summer days and already can't wait for next summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be it was refreshing to be in "the heartland." Love the Holstiens!

Auntie Deborah