Sunday, January 24, 2010

Balmy Musings


It is a balmy day here in West Michigan...a whole 50 degrees! I can hardly believe it! It's January 24th and 50 degrees. I think God finally got tired of my complaining of the weather. This winter has been long, especially after the holidays. I suppose I am prone to thinking so since I am also on the countdown to the arrival of our sweet Millie. I knew this part of the journey would be long, the last months of pregnancy always are and then add 6 inches of snow and clouds onto that.

I am grateful for the sun and warms temps though today and, after Madeline's nap, we will be going out for a walk! Fresh air somehow always makes things better. I even snuck open the kitchen window for about an hour just to let some in.

Somehow this time of year always makes me feel so mundane, like life is really boring. I know in a couple months life will be crazy and the sunshine will be out everyday, but things seem so stagnant right now. So, I have been trying to soak up all the "normal" things that happen and be grateful for those, especially knowing this is the last alone time I will have with Madeline. I am so thankful that my life isn't chaos, especially when I relfect on all that has happened in Haiti and am lucky that I can focus on boring tasks instead of life-saving measures.

Hope this post finds everyone well and "boring" as well :)






1 comment:

DEBORAH R. ROBERTS said...

Dear Chappas,
Cute picture of Madeline and her buddy Rocco!

This is a "lull" (a.k.a. 'boring') time of year; but it is also a nice pause, a permission slip to linger awhile longer with a book, a view, a daydream...

Blessings to all,
Aunt Deborah