Monday, May 4, 2009

Spring Has Sprung








Finally, spring is here!  Even though fall is my favorite time of year, spring is awfully beautiful here in Michigan.  I love when my garden comes alive!  Above is a primrose, one of the many plants that have flowered.  I can't wait for my tulips to bloom!


And, of course, with spring comes Tulip Time in Holland.  My mom and I took Madeline to Holland in her Dutch costume to smell all the tulips.  She had fun pushing her stroller all around town.  She had Dutch pea soup and pig in the blankets for lunch.  Yum!

And this is our favorite pastime.  Everyday, Madeline takes her cart around the neighborhood and picks up every pine cone possible.  It's pretty cute.  We're having a great spring and hope everyone else is too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do tulips have fragrance?? Or is the tulip festival a way to teach "flowers smell pretty"

It is revitalizing to see trees full of blooming color after a wearying winter.

In the words of Ben Bernanke: every GREEN SHOOT is reason to cheer.

Love, Aunt Deborah