Friday, October 31, 2008

Home Sweet Home

This is a look down our street, Hillcrest Ave.  I love fall and I love fall on our street.  I also love where we live.  This neighborhood is the best to live in.  
We live close enough to walk to the grocery store, coffee shop and even to a Western Michigan University football game.  We also live about a mile from downtown Kalamazoo, but still have the "neighborhood" feel.  Our street has an annual block party.  Our neighbors are from all walks of life:  there are kids, seniors, singles and older families.  Our next door neighbors on each side adore our daughter and love to help us out anytime.  
Most of our houses on this street are old (ours happens to be 100 years old).  True, our paint chips, we share driveways and there seems to be endless repairs, but there are tall oak trees that line the street and sidewalks to pull our baby in the wagon.  
I may be a little nostalgic as this is my favorite time of year, but I wouldn't trade it for anything on this street!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely photo! You made a wise choice to move into a "village" within a city...

Love,
Aunt Deborah